This is the website of the topology seminar at Northeastern University, organized by Ben Knudsen and Alex Suciu. The scope of the seminar encompasses algebraic, geometric, and combinatorial topology. For now, the seminar meets online on Tuesdays at 12pm Boston time (Zoom meeting 925 1560 9287, password “topology”). Please email Ben if you’d like to be added to the mailing list.
Below is the schedule of upcoming talks; click the links or see the calendar for abstracts.
- February 9: Eva Elduque (Michigan), Mixed Hodge structures on Alexander modules
- February 16: Florian Frick (Carnegie Mellon), The Borsuk–Ulam theorem for higher dimensional codomains and applications
- February 23: Tarik Aougab (Haverford), Characterizing covers from simple closed curves
- March 9: Claudio Llosa Isenrich (Karlsruhe), Images of Kähler groups in products of surface groups and Kodaira fibrations
- March 23: Renee Hoekzema (Oxford), Cut-and-paste invariants of manifolds via algebraic K-theory
- March 30: Christin Bibby (Louisiana State), Fiber bundles of arrangement complements
- April 6: Jesus Gonzalez (Cinvestav), The cohomology ring of binary tree braid groups
- April 13: Alex Suciu (Northeastern), Finiteness properties, cohomology jump loci, and tropical varieties
April 13: Mohamad Maassarani (Strasbourg)
- April 20: Andrea Bianchi (Copenhagen), Mapping class group actions on configuration spaces and the Johnson filtration